HOW TO WRITE A THESIS OF DEGREE?
The thesis is the last bastion to end the long course of studies. However, it is often presented to us: the highest mountain in the world to climb. The reasons are different, you are exhausted by the fatigue of the last exams, little motivation and above all a vague idea about what a thesis is and how it is elaborated. On the other hand, it is very likely that, despite all the years spent studying since the first day of school, you have never written a well-structured thesis. This article does not reveal tricks or tricks to easily overcome the obstacle, we know that behind a great work there is always hard work, but it focuses on some details and clarifies the concept of thesis. If you are interested in understanding how to prepare and write a thesis, continue reading the various points.
The thesis is a personal work, a synthesis of all your university studies and could also prove to be an effective tool to find the desired workplace in the future, so in choosing the topic to be analyzed it is fundamental to understand the reasons for our decision , the skills needed to do the job and it would not hurt to have a good personal relationship with the competent speaker the selected subject.
WHAT IS A GRADUATION THESIS
Once the argument has been established, the thesis is a set of propositions that construct a logical-cognitive path around a problem, one starts from a series of “hypothesis” ideas and ends up drawing conclusions that prove the veracity or not of the starting hypotheses.
So how do you proceed in practice?
WE DEFINE THE SEARCH APPLICATION:
- What subject do we want to study?
- Is the phenomenon under study interesting?
- Does our research solve a specific problem?
- What results do we expect from our analysis?
ON THE BASIS OF THE PURPOSE, WE DIFFER MANY TYPES OF RESEARCH AND WE CHOOSE ONE:
- We want to describe a phenomenon, so we will proceed to identify, classify and sort the observed phenomena.
- We want to explain the mechanisms and relationships that link different phenomena.
- We want to generalize and construct a theoretical model of universal rules and conditions that can be extended to other contexts based on the observed concrete phenomena.
- We want to make a forecast on the future development of the phenomena under study.
WE BUILD A RESEARCH PROJECT (OPTIONAL BUT VERY USEFUL):
- It is essential to verify the feasibility of the thesis based on the resources available in terms of money, time, skills and access to information. We all want to make a good impression by addressing relevant issues and perhaps proposing experimental theses to the commission, but before encountering a mission impossible it is good to be realistic and consider all the difficulties in accessing data, our skills in performing experiments, time and skills in developing the study material. We are all numbers 10 and superheroes but sometimes having our feet on the ground helps us not to go crazy.
Drawing on the project it is important to identify and organize the most suitable methodological solutions for our research. Highlight how we will address the problem and what techniques we will use for analysis. Building the interpretative model that from hypotheses reaches conclusions. Finally, reflect on the expected conclusions and on the aspects that will be neglected. Discussing in the university language, it all seems very demanding, actually a project is nothing but a synthesis of the various points that make up a thesis:
- Summary of the thesis useful in not losing orientation and not getting out of track
- Analysis of the state of the art, that is the set of literature and knowledge related to the problem under study
- The bibliography used, acquired through books or IT tools, must always be of proven authority, of scientific value and at least of university origin
- Methodology ie how the research will take place
- Resources needed for research
- Research innovation characters
- Objectives pursued and expected results